Translate

Monday 30 May 2016

Poetry: '' Friend" by Janet Olabisi Ogundepo



FRIEND

Friend,
In you, I reflect,
To you, I look.
Serve a pathway to my craved being;
turn me not away.

Friend,
To you, I listen
To you , I tell
turn not deaf ears to me
like my words are breathless.

Friend,
Before you I empty
my abyss of emotions.
Will you please heed
to my yearnings?

Friend,
From you, I learn to lean
On you, I lean to learn.
Will you lend a helping hand?
 Will you heed my heart when in need of placidity,
and not cast me into vociferance?
Will you be there when my soul desires
solitude in the quest for respite?

Will you, through the words of my eyes
decipher that which I cannot utter?
Can you be a friend indeed,
who can help in need?

And when I look all around to find a friend,
Can I find a friend in you?

                           Do you like this poem? click this link to place your comments
https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1573903536242351&id=1469442133355159&__tn__=%2As 

Biography
Janet Olabisi Ogundepo is a writer who has passion for poetry amongst other genres of creative writing. She is presently a Sophomore in the department of Communication and Language Arts, Faculty of Arts in the prestigious University of Ibadan.

No comments:

Post a Comment