Translate

Thursday 5 May 2016

Poetry: The Dirt Road by Mustapha Modupe




You had this alluring carriage about you
that stopped me dead on my track,
the very day I set my eyes on you.

I believe I was blinded by some
superfluous emotions which your
ovally excited fangs lusciously fed on,
from my delectable jugular.

It's awfully easy to creep under my skin,
unapologetically rob me of every stowed
away supply that has been neatly contained.

Then I watched you dig out the cadaver of
long repressed memories.
A shiver ran down my spine
as you flipped the pandora's box that
was haphazardly tucked away a lifetime ago.

With eyes sunken and flushed
 Fingers scrawny, lips parsed,
 thin and lifeless, with queasy stomach,
 shriveled foot, dusty and washed up like an
 angular unsavory creature,

I inadvertently carve my name in the hall of shame.
Abandoned, I trudge this deserted dirt road in solitude.



Biography


Modupe Mustapha is an impassioned writer that believes in communicating through story telling. She feels strongly about people’s experiences in life so she is driven to narrate their encounters. She takes delight in reading, writing and socializing while she currently studies    Communication and Language Arts in the University of Ibadan.


No comments:

Post a Comment