Translate

Thursday 6 August 2015

Clouds of Courage by Bamidele Seth Oluwadamilola


The early morning breeze
Tapped my rusty door;
On my bed I lay being stirred
By the silent symphony of the sun rising
Suddenly, I hopped out of bed like a frog
To behold what the day held in its wry arm.

I fell off the rock like a waterfall
Only to walk on a quicksand
Left with no choice – damned
I beheld the river of hope,
Foolhardy; I jumped into it.

The storm of adversity spiraled down from hell
Retreating, I saw the bear of doom behind
Jaw dropped, blood dripping from its monstrous mouth
Nearer and nearer, it came
Thirsty for blood, hungry for flesh
Fear circulated through me like current.

Frozen, I summoned all my resolve to fight fate
I have all but nothing to lose; I either die or die
Death with an unbowed head would be epical.

Rains of strength dropped on me
Pains of fear evaporated
Soothed by the sun’s smile
Clouds of courage enveloped me.

I tackled fate right at the 18 yard.
Life’s referee waved play on… fair play
I dribbled with dexterity as I beheld the goalpost
With a powerful shot, I hit the net of success.

I was celebrated, but scarred
I was elevated having deflated the balloon of fear
I became a hero,  
I fought the battle from Z to H.


 Biography


Bamidele Seth Oluwadamilola is a God-fearing, promising, young writer who hails from Ilero, Oke-Ogun, Oyo State. He studies Communication and Language Arts at the University of Ibadan. He loves reading, playing football and public speaking.  He is an essayist who sometimes dabbles in poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment