Translate

Sunday 2 August 2015

A Wonderful Night by Tomiwa Adeosun

Photo Credit: Olasubomi Cole



 Rolling up the windows' blinds,
I shoot a gaze into the distant night,
enslaving my eyes to pulchritude;
the meek moon and the showy stars
welcomed me to join their jocund fiesta.

Rat-like creatures with leathery wings
flew slyly towards the East;
restless, big-eyed creatures
croaked from the dams while
the night resounded the crickets’ chirping,
to the delight of the glowing fireflies.


I wheeled my eyes out of the window,
into a funnel-shaped garden,
the sight of which made me gleeful
as big almond fruits shone in the silver moon.

I peeked out of my window,
on a knightly night -
Oh! What a beautiful world!
Oh! What a celestial world!




Biography

Adeosun Tomiwa hails from Ilesha, Osun State, Nigeria. He expresses his creativity via writing and drawing. He is presently studying Communication and Language Arts at the University of Ibadan where he hopes to fully optimize his potential.

1 comment:

  1. Nyc 1 bro!!!! Kudos 2 u.... xpctn more 4rm yuh tho'............. brotherly love"""

    ReplyDelete